Wednesday, March 17, 2010

St. Patrick and Me

All St. Patrick's day has really ever been to me is a fun holiday. However, I do not like when I get pinched for not wearing green. For the past two years I have, by chance not been wearing green, but thankfully, this year, I did wear green, although I did not pinch anyone. Why do something to someone that you would not want to be done to you?

One time when I was in elementary school, in first grade I believe, at lunch time on St. Patrick's day we had green bread, green hot dogs, green chips, green everything. The lunch tasted fine, although eating all the green things was somewhat weird. Now, in hindsight I wonder, were the food items died green? Or was that the school's was of getting rid of the spoiled food?!

I personally think St. Patrick's day is a fun holiday, but some people do take the holiday a bit too far. There is one easy way to avoid the trauma of being pinched though, just remember to wear green!

1 comment:

brittany12 said...

I for one do not agree with you about Saint Patrick's Day, but really good post.