Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Persuasion

Persuasion is a tactic which I, and everybody else I know, uses everyday, sometimes without even knowing that they are. People do not always notice, but just day to day living requires the use of persuasion at some point.

I use persuasion constantly in my life, however I also do try to pick my battles. There are always times where I do not agree with people, and their opinions, but I do my best to choose the right times to voice my opinion and try and persuade people to see the situation my way.

When I do decide to try to persuade someone to do/believe something, one of the main tactics which I use is Logos, the use of logic, numbers, facts, and data to support my argument. When something is presented to me in a logical, orderly, and factual way, I am more inclined to sway towards agreeing as opposed to being presented something in a manner which I have to practically run in circles to understand.

1 comment: